Sunday, April 5, 2009

There Is So Much Learn

Every day, when i receive my father's call, the first question that he will ask me is "What did you learn today?". Sometimes i cant answer this question. May i say "nothing"? If i say yes today i had learned nothing, i will feel very guilty because a single day of my life i am no learning anything.
My Father is a great hardworking father. He used to tell me that he never stop working even a single day. The concept of doing nothing was never a part of his life, same with my mom too. For them, to ensure their children never fell into the trap of complacency, they insisted that we must learn at least one new thing each day.
As we are young children, we less thought about how we were being improved or enriched and we could not care much about our future.
In retrospect, after studying abroad, I learned how other people learn, and now I realised that what my father was offering me, reinforcing the value of continued learning. Without being aware of it, all my family were growing together by sharing their experience. My parents were giving us a sense of dignity, listening to us, hearing us, respecting our opinion, affirming our values too. They were very good successful educator to me and my sisters too.Their teaching worked had served me well all my life.
I just want to say," How long we lived is limited, but learn a new thing every day is crucial for me, what i learn is what i am, nobody can take away from me!" I do to remind myself everyday. Keep going on everybody!!!

1 comments:

lisin said...

yeah....really need to learn every..but i juz doing nothing everyday...shame lo...now have to change it le...jiayou ar !